Ankylosing Spondylitis is auto immune Disorder. It is insidious onset. Ankylosing spondylitis (A.S.) is generally easy to diagnose when the characteristics findings of the “Bamboo” spine and fused Sacroilliac joints are present on radiograph. limitations on spinal cord, normal movement not done properly. Also the diagnosis of ankylosing spondylitis (AS) requires good detective work on the part of doctor, as there is no test that will guarantee a 100 percent confirmed diagnosis. Rather, a doctor must consider a person’s symptoms, physical examination, and medical tests like X-rays and blood work to make the correct diagnosis.
In this Ancient literature ankylosing spondylitis described in detail along with cause, symptoms, history, complication and management.
Here is case report of 27 yrs old female diagnosed Ankylosing Spondylitis, who was treated with ayurvedic formulations, which gives effective result in its management .
02. Vd.priyavat Sharma dravyaguna vigyan part -2 editor prof. P.V. Sharma, published by chaukhamba bharti academy, Varanasi, 16 th edition ,reprint 2016.
03. Journal of Ayurveda and integrative medicine 2010 ,Mukesh Edavalath jul-sept; 1(3):211-214
04. Sastri L. Yogratnakara .Varanasi: Chaukhamba Sanskrith Samsthan; 2002.
05. Sastri R.Bhaishajya Ratnavali of Govind Das Sen .Varanasi : Chaukhamba Sanskrit Bhavan ;2002.
06. Boonen A,van der Linden SM. The Burden of ankylosing Spondylitis.J Rheumatol Suppl.2006; 78:4-11 (pubMed)
07. Nishteshwar K,Vidyanath R. Varanasi: Banaras Ayurveda Series ; 2008 P.18