Background: Today’s era is the modern era of science and technology. In this era women are working in each and every field. Women take care of everyone’s health in their family but neglect their own health. So they are the victim of so many diseases and leucorrhoea is one of them. Excessive discharge of a white, sticky and foul smelling material from vagina is called as leucorrhoea. There are two types of leucorrhoea –Physiological and Pathological.In ayurveda it is termed as shwet pradar and caused due to vitiation of kapha dosha Where shwet means white and pradar means discharge. Aacharya Charaka described it in kaphaja yonivyapada. Pushyanug churna is a classical ayurvedic medicine reference from bhaishajye ratnavali stri rogadhikar used in leucorrhoea. It contains 26 different dravyas and having Tridosh nashak properties. Maharshi atreya also praised this useful churna (ref. cha. Chi. 30)
Aim & Objectives:
- To study the ayurvedic concept about Shweta pradara
- To study about Pushyanuga Churna and its uses in Shweta pradara
Material and Method: Material for the review study is collected from ancient Ayurvedic Samhita, various Ayurvedic journals and different websites.
Result & Conclusion: This review study shows that Pushyanuga churna is very useful in the treatment of Shweta pradara.
2. Yogratnakar Vidyotini, Hindi commentary by Vd. Shreelakshmipati , Ayurveda achraya, Chaukhamba Sanskrit sansthan, waranasi, reprint 2005.
3. Charak samhit, edited with Vd. Monorama, Hindi commentary by acharya vidyadhar shukl and prof. Ravidatta Tripathi, Chokambha Sanskrit Pratishtan Delhi, Reprint 2009.
4. Bhaishajya Ratnavali of Shree Govind das Ji by Braham Shankar Mishra & Dr. Kanjiv Lochan
5. Abhinav Striroj Vidyan by Dr. Ayyodhya Prasad Aachal, Chokambha food bharti Prakshan waransi, Reprint 2010.