Purpose: Asthma is a multi-factorial and complex disease in which allergic factors and non-allergic triggers interact and result in bronchial obstruction and inflammation. Allergenic sensitization is important in the development of asthma. In ancient science allergic factors are also mentioned as Hetus of Tamak shwas. Immunoglobulin E (IgE) is central to the induction of allergic diseases through its binding to the high-affinity receptor (Fc epsilon R1) on mast cells and basophils.
Method: The method for study include review of literature from ancient Indian Ayurvedic, modern, scientific and researched based publications,texts and journals.
Result: Role of serum IgE in tamak shwas w.s.r. to bronchial asthma.
Conclusions: If serum IgE levels are raised we can diagnose as patient is suffering from tamak shwas (bronchial asthma allergic type)
2. Dtsch Arztebl Int. 2008 May; 105(21): 385–394.published online 2008 May 23. doi: 10.3238/arztebl.2008.0385PMCID: PMC2696883D: 19626179 Continuing Medical EducationBronchial Asthma: Diagnosis and Long-Term Treatment in Adults,
3. Dieter Ukena, Prof. Dr. med.,*,1 Liat Fishman,2 and Wilhelm-Bernhard Niebling, Prof. Dr. med.Virechana chikitsa in shwas rog
Charak Samhita chikitsasthan adhyaya17,acharya PriyavrataSarma,Chaukhambha Sanskrit Sansthan Varanasi
5. Blood Test: Immunoglobulin E (IgE) – KidsHealth
6. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/4062142nn Med Interne (Paris). 1985;136(5):419-22.
[How to define the normal level of serum IgE in adults?].
[Article in French]Laurent J, Noirot C, Ansquer JC, Laurent G, Kestenbaum S, Lagrue G
7. Elevated IgE Levels - Los Angeles Allergist https://allergylosangeles.com/allergy-blog/elevated-ige/