Todays people are predisposed to various diseases based on their way of living and occupational habits called life style diseases. Orthopedic disorders are one of the mostly exposed to such life style habits. One of the most common orthopedic health problems today is lower back pain accompanied most of the time by Sciatica. According to the global burden of disease 2010, is single leading cause of disability word wide. It is most common during 40s & 50s age group and men are more frequently affected than women. The symptoms of sciatica can be well correlated with Grudhrasi in Ayurveda. Grudhrasi is the most common Vata-Vyadhi observed in majority of people. Grudhrasi word itself defines the disease i.e. “Grudhra” like walking. Grudhrasi is a Ruja Pradhan (pain) Nanatmaja Vata-Vyadhi, dominant with the functional capability of low back & lower limbs. Present paper aimed to highlight the detail review about Grudhrasi management mentioned in various classical texts.
2. Dr. Ambikadatta Shastri, Susruta Samhita of Acharya Sushruta with Ayurveda-tatva-sandipika, Chaukhamba Sanskrit Sansthan Varanasi, Vol I & II, edition reprint 2017.
3. Dr. Brahmanand Tripathi, Ashtang Hrudaya of Acharya Vagbhata, Chaukhamba Sanskrit Pratishtan Delhi, Reprint 2009.
4. Prof. Murthy, Ashtang Samgraha of Acharya Vagbhata, Chaukhamba orientalia Varanasi, Reprint 1995.
5. Dr. Indradeva Tripathi, Chakradutta of Acharya Chukradutta with Vaidayaprabha hindi commentary, Chaukhamba Sanskrit Sansthan Varanasi, Edition 3rd reprint 1997.
6. Pandit Hariprasad Tripathi, Vangasena Samhita with Hari hindi Vyakhya, Chaukhamba Sanskrut Series Office Varanasi, Edition 2nd, reprint 2016.
7. Pandit shree Bramha Shankara Mistra, Bhavaprakasha of Bhavmishra with Vidyotini hindi commentary, Chaukhamba Sanskrit Sansthan Varanasi, Edition 9th, reprint 2005, Vol I & II.
8. Vaidya Lakshmipati Shastri, Yogaratnakara with Vidyotini hindi commentary, Chaukhamba Prakashan Varanasi, edition reprint 2008.
9. Pandit Parshurama Shastri Vidyasagar, Sharagadhara Samhita of Acharya Sharangdhara with Adhamalla’s Dipika and Kashirama’s Gudhartha-Dipika, Chaukhambha Orientalia, 5th edition reprint 2002.
10. Ramavalamba Shastri, Harita Samhita of Harita with Asha commentary, Prachya Prakashana Varanasi, 5th edition reprint 1985.
11. Dr. Brahmanand Tripathi, Sharngadhara-Samhita with Dipika Hindi Commentary, Chaukhamba Surabharati Prakashan Varanasi, Reprint 2006.